Friday, October 17, 2008

Asking the important questions:

Last night, I was talking to my wife about our landlord. Not a big fan of our landlord. So, I off-handedly mentioned something about strangling her (the landlord, not my wife).

My wife of course at that point calls me out on saying that I would strangle our landlord, because she is a woman. "I have never heard a man say he would strangle another man," she says. "You would say you would kick a man's ass, but a woman you would strangle." At first I was defensive, but she's right, and I told her so. Why perpetuate that kind of power myth and submission by violence? A woman should be one's equal. A woman should be on the same footing as a man and should from there be judged by her own merit.

So, of course, this begs the question, "What is the politically correct way to torture a woman?"

My wife didn't have a lot of answers to that one.

I will take suggestions in the comment section. I need to know by the time rent is due. Thanks.

-Brett

No comments: